Don’t forget to:
- Enjoy the view of Izmır Bay from Kadifekale which is built by the Alexander the Great after he sees it in his dream..
Visit and take a photo of The Clock Tower, the symbol of the city..
- Buy seeds to feed the pigeons at Konak Square..
- Get lost in the historical Kemeraltı Bazaar where you can find traditional acessories, leather goods, clothes, Turkish herbs and spices, handmade carpets at reasonable prices..
- Try local Turkish cuisine in Kemeraltı..
- Drink Turkish coffee or black tea with Turkish delight on the side..
- Visit Kızlarağası Hanı which is a beautiful historical caravanserai that dates from 18th century..
- Go to one the oldest and greatest mosques in Izmir, Hisar Mosque..
- Watch the sunset on top of Tarihi Asansör (historical elevator) in Karataş district..
- Have a nice meal in a restaurant in Kordon, the coastline, while feeling the breeze and watching the sunset..
- Hop on a ferry from Konak or Alsancak pier and visit Karşıyaka, the other side of the gulf..
- Feed the seagulls with ‘gevrek’ as crossing the gulf..
- Visit Agora ancient city..
- Go to Izmir Archeology and Ethnography Museum in Konak..
- Visit Kültürpark, the great park and fair place..
- Go to St.Polycarp Church, one of the oldest churches which has impressive frescos..
- Try Izmir’s thin dough pastry ‘boyoz’ with boiled eggs for breakfast..
WHEN YOU VISIT IZMIR…